Anshe Chesed Jewish Cemetery
Evidence of a once robust Jewish community, the cemetery dates back to 1864. A lunette fortification was built on the property by the Confederacy. On May 19 and 22, 1863, it was the site of fierce fighting and bloodshed. In 1864, the property was sold to the Anshe Chesed Congregation. Access at Grove and Hope Streets, traffic light #10.